Temporary Residents

During COVID-19 pandemic most GP surgeries are offering telephone and video appointments and therefore you may be able to manage your medical problem through your own GP surgery. Your own GP can send a prescription to any pharmacy in the united Kingdon regardless of their location. Therefore you may find that your own GP might be able to manage you problem although they may be physically far away, 

If you’re away from home and have an urgent medical problem that a GP could deal with, rather than going to A&E, Bedworth Health Centre may be able to provide emergency treatment for up to 14 days.

If you are in the area for longer than 24 hours but less than three months, and wish to do so, you can registered as a ‘Temporary Resident’.

If you are going to be in the area and wish to be seen for a longer period of three months or more, then you will need to register as a permanent patient.

Temporary residents still remain registered to their permanent GP but any details of treatment which the temporary GP provides will be sent to their permanent GP to add to their medical records.

When registering as a temporary resident, it is useful to have details of your current and past medical conditions and medications, information on any allergies you may have, contact details for your permanent GP and your NHS number.

The link below to the NHS website provides more information of how you can access GP services when you are away from home.

How can I see a GP if I’m away from home? – NHS (www.nhs.uk)

We are not a walk-in centre and this service is not for patients who live locally who cannot make an appointment for their own GP.

This service is aimed at helping patients who need to be seen urgently either on the same day as a one off, or on a regular basis whilst they are away from home (for example, because they are away on holiday).